Before Requesting a Site
Please complete the following steps before requesting a site in the WCMS.
1. Accessing the WCMS requires users to be on an IU network or connected to the IU VPN. Learn more about the IU VPN on the IU Knowledge Base. Confirm you are using an IU network or can connect to the IU VPN.
2. Request a group account.
3. Direct a virtual hostname to your hosting environment. Learn more about IU virtual hostnames.
4. Obtain the IU Network username of an Administrative Sponsor (full-time faculty or staff) who will assume responsibility for the content published to the web and all activities within the WCMS. The Administrative Sponsor is ultimately responsible for the account and its use but is not necessarily the main contact or the primary webmaster.
Note: Student groups can use the WCMS to manage and publish university-related web content as long as their Administrative Sponsor is a full-time faculty or staff member and assumes responsibility for the account and its use.
5. Obtain the IU Network username of the Site Manager. The Site Manager must be different than the Administrative Sponsor and is often the main contact or primary webmaster. One exception would include faculty requesting an account and site for personal university use.
6. Review the WCMS Policies.